Sunday Sessions: Fresh Food Markets
How wonderful. That I am lucky enough to live in a city with such amazing fresh produce and enjoy pleasant conversation with knowledgable farmers!
A wonderful Sunday. Dragged my mamma and boyfriend to the Fresh Food Farmers Markets in Brisbane (Mt Gravatt Showgrounds) and managed to secure this bountiful bundle of fruit for a measly $23! (can you believe it!?) Recipes running through my head as I wander the o-so-packed stalls full of wondrous smelling fresh ingredients (soon to be in my belly).
I am so, excited! Am thinking this gorgeous collection of fruit should last me just over a week maybe.
Need to get to the store to stock up on some quinoa, chia & flax seeds also.
I have some brilliant plans for the figs. (supposed to be $3.99 for 3 Figs but the lovely man gave me 6 for $3! Talk about a bargain..) Thinking gnocchi with baked figs camembert and crispy sage and a fig tart (sugarless pastry of course!) not sure what filing yet but I am certain that if I make one, this blog will hear about it!
I am also thinking those zucchini's red bell peppers, squash, pumpkin and tomatoes will roast beautifully with some fresh rosemary, and some cous cous. Kind of excited to see how many recipes I can make!
'Twas a lovely Sunday..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment