Dinner: Vegetarian Cous Cous with Roasted Vegetables
This one is too easy (and super healthy!) Whenever I get home from the office late (which can be often due to many clients in London which need attending to..) I always reach for the cous cous. 1 to one ratio of grain to boiling water in a sealable plastic Tupperware and let sit for 3-5 mins. Fluff with a fork & add some salt and pepper.
Toppings can be just about anything! From left over casserole/curry to what I did tonight. A few roasted chopped veggies with some light olive oil, salt and pepper, rosemary and a squeeze of lemon juice.
For reference, I used:
1/2 Red Onion (broken into chunks)
3 small cloves of garlic (sliced)
1/2 Red bell pepper
1/2 Zuchinni
Handful of sweet cherry tomatoes
1/2 can of 4 bean mix (rinced and drained)
Chopped into chunks and threw into an oven proof dish. Baked for approx. 15/20 mins and DING! Dinner is served.
Ended up making 3 large serves (4 medium serves, but I was starving...) Which is perfect as I told a friend at work I would shout a home cooked lunch!
One serve for dinner. One serve for her and one for myself again tomorrow for lunch.
Haven't even put a dint in the fridge full of veggies I have from the markets!
I wonder what I should make tomorrow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment