The Decision


So I guess it is fair to wonder why I am here, so a little about me. My name is Kate, and I am a Marketing Consultant based in Brisbane. I suffer from an auto-immune thyroid disease (Graves Disease) and have been researching ways in which I can improve my 'PMS' like symptoms which seem to be worsening with age (despite frequent doctors visits and handing over bucket loads of my blood to be tested by university students).

It came to a point where I stumbled across a number of blogs and forums where young women, like myself found a correlation between thyroid functions and diet (in particular, the consumption of sugar). Much research and many late nights led me here. The decision that would (hopefully) change my life, and social interactions forever.

I hope to document my experiences (honestly of course!) and share my 'sugar free' recipes with all. I will share articles I have read which support the need for everybody to 'quit sugar' and share the challenges I have faced (there will be MANY) and hope to overcome.

This isn't so much to lose weight (though a few kilo's would be a nice bonus) but to generally assist in making Publish Postmy head a little clearer, and my body a little happier.

Feel free to ask questions here and join me if you have a thyroid condition also, or merely just feel the sugar depression!

OK. So that's me. Let's do this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment