Sweet Salad: Sweet Potato, Chickpea, Pine nut & Spinach Warm Salad


First day. Already finding the need to curb sugar cravings somehow and found this lovely recipe.

I added the pine nuts and some Cajun spice for good measure.

The super sweet potato definitely helped curb the cravings (after only one day..) however the Lipton Tea Infusions in Cranberry & Loganberry assisted also.

I am finding that by keeping some berries (both dried Goji berries and some fresh in season cherries & pomegranate seeds) are helping do the trick also!

For the recipe you'll need:
1 Can of Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
50g Pine Nuts
500g Baby Spinach Leaves
1/3 Kilo of Sweet Potato
1Tbs Olive Oil
1tsp of Cajun Spice (or to taste)
Salt & Pepper.

It was so simple! I peeled and chopped the sweet potato into small, inch sized pieces. Roasted  in the oven at 180 degrees with a light brush of olive oil and some pink rock sea salt (the only kind of salt you should use) for around 25 mins. Turning the chunks over at half time.

After taking them out of the oven, I left them to stand while I toasted the pine nuts and chickpeas in a small fry-pan with the Cajun spice and the salt and pepper (I really like any nuts/seeds to be a little golden, brings more flavor that way I think..) and slowly added the spinach. I realise that 500g seems like a lot, but spinach does wilt and to be honest, I could have used a little more if I had some on hand.

Finally, I tossed through the sweet potato. It was scrumptious!



0 comments:

Post a Comment